Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More poems

Thaw

There are oceans that flow
above
and below
the whole
of my soul --
and then there is snow
as you hold me.

A blizzard within
then
thaws throughout,
trenching my tunnels;
a breath --

Then I'm hot
and I'm heat
and nothing is neat,
but messy,
shouting,
like cardinal red,
in and out
and around,
abounding,
astounding,
exploding.

My stars burst open
and see.






Shred


I think I may
snap
in half --
is that
so bad?
I've clapped
and I've lapped,
but I feel fucking trapped.
And what is hap-
piness
but laughter
and rapture
and far greener pastures?

I love you
I love you

I'm apt
to adapt.






Window Bird

Through poreless glass panes
phosphorescent lanterns
hum and stealth into
my silent
lavendar night.

Suddenly
ghosts scatter on walls,
trees shadow and quiver,
crystalline visions
delicate hauntings
dance before my white-knuckled eyes.
The blueness of my being blazes
in dozing fits.

Light trinkles then
as
another day creeps upon.
Crows dance outside.
It is dawn.

1 comment: